Where Does Marvel Go After Avengers 4? – Collider Mail Bag

On this episode of Collider Mail Bag (September 18th, 2016) Mark Ellis, Mark Reilly and Sinead DeVries discuss the following:

-Should DC Films be its own movie studio like Marvel?

-Lens flares suck. When will they go away?

-Will Marvel ever do the House of M storyline?

-Will there be lightsaber battles in Rogue One?

-Are scream reels in horror marketing campaigns like Blair Witch overused?

-What actor/writer/director would you want to sit down with and talk movies?

-Should Dune be remade into a series of movies based on all the books?

-How do you stop leaks on big budget studio movies?

Follow us on Instagram:

As the online source for movies, television, breaking news, incisive content, and imminent trends, Collider Videos is more than an essential destination.

Visit Collider:

SATURDAY: Mailbag |

Best of the Week |

SUNDAY: Mailbag |

MOVIE TALK: every week day |

1. Carlos Rodriguez

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I'm fine with the lense getting stained with blood only is that blood belongs to the cameraman in the Deadpool sequel.
    I'm just imagining an action scene in which the guy behind the camera gets shot, Deadpool barely reacts to the guy, and the camera itself falls to the side. While on the ground, we still see the action, but at an angle, and blood is just on one edge of the screen with a pool of it gathering. And when we switch cameras to continue following the fight, we can still see the cameraman on the ground.

2. Coolio Ray Curley

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I love how Mark E., Mark R. and Sinéad play off each other! Very entertaining and funny. Great job guys!

3. Craig Farnham

"This is a safe place." –Mark Ellis. LOL

4. Cameron McEwen

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

If Zack Snyder's the reason the DC movies are going down the toilet, then maybe WB should fire him.

5. Cameron McEwen

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

During Avengers Infinity War Parts One and Two, they may introduce us to the entire Fantastic 4 team. Mr. Fantastic might appear in the post-credits scenes of Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp.

6. Aaron Hatcher

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

marvel is going to have a very hard time after infinity war I think. they have cemented these actors in those roles so much

7. Ali T.

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Mark i love that shirt…send the link on where i can pick that up please

8. Bill Sami

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I thought he was going to ask do you like having liquids splash on you lol sorry perv moment.

9. Dimitris Bright

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

If they ever did a House of M storyline, wouldn't they have to get the rights to Xmen back from Fox? One obstacle at a time people…one obstacle at a time

10. dpyxl

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

let the Thanos crush them all.. Silver surfer and Adam Warlock save the Planet and the Universe..

how i wish Marvel manage to gain back X-Men and F4 from Fox.. cant stand seeing Mystique aka Jlaw as a leader of the beloved mutant team.

11. The Manic Boy

Marvel can go fuck themselves after Avengers 4

12. deathsdoor07

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Why do people think we would get light saber battles? Have they not seen A New Hope?

13. deathsdoor07

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Why do people want Wanda and Vision together?

14. Ginger Weatherbee

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Could Marvel get away without rebooting and just expand on the universe by introducing the characters that they own but haven't used yet?

15. CAM8689

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

why house of m would be appealing for am ovie I don't get it just reduces the number of mutants limiting there storylines and potential in the future like in the ocmics its not like the dark phoenix saga which ends with Jean's demise and who can be replaced by her daughter rachel.

16. Jason Bourne

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Ha way to diss Chick Fil-A, Sinead and Mark for upholding their Christian values. They're proud to be "weirdoes"

17. Fracture

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Bradley Cooper would be great guest for the show, his impression of Christopher Walken is brutal ???

18. Trustworthy Dr Torgo

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

The Incredible Hercules, Tomb of Dracula, Monster of Frankenstein + Werewolf by Night, Werewolf Cap and the monster Howling Commandos. you know you want these

19. mike kenneth

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

mark is an amazing commentator..

20. Nightshade Books

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Kevin Feige isn't doing such a great job. If he was, he'd start making these on-screen villains more sinister and less lame. Other than Red Skull, Thanos, and Loki, these on-screen Marvel villains have all been transformed into dull, boring, military-armored losers.

21. Cj Concannon

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I wouldn't give too much credit to our fellow Earthicans about the Force Awakens spoilers. Between the premiere and opening night when I got to see the movie, I don't know how many screenshots from the scene mentioned in this video I saw across the internet or how many descriptions of that scene I saw on sites that weren't even remotely movie or entertainment related, but it was a lot; and it caused that scene to be anticlimactic for me and I'm sure plenty of other people who saw the same spoilers had the same reaction. Usually when there's a big movie coming out you know which sites and which places to avoid if you don't want to be spoiled, but with The Force Awakens, no site was safe.

22. Kem Kelton

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Tom Cruise gave a super-candid interview with Chris Hardwick on his podcast…but I agree actors and actresses give the most vapid interviews.

23. m I o . o I m

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Not having light sabers in Rgue One is the complete opposite of what a mega toy manufacturer, like Disney, would do.

24. acesb24

home. it's drunk.

25. tlb2005

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

for a smalll girl she is always hungry! I know a weed smoker when I see one. I like it.

26. Nathan Freeman

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Back in the late 80s when the first Tim Burton Batman came out, I went to see it on opening day at 4pm. When we were done, we walked out of the theatre and up the hill around the parking lot. When we looked back, there was a line that stretched around the building.

The four of us looked at each other, smiled, and counted to 3. Then shouted at the top of our lungs "BATMAN DIES!!!!"

Over a decade later I met people who were in that line that laughed their asses off when I told that story.

Spoilers suck. Spoiler misdirects are amazeballs.

27. DustingBread

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Omg it's comic book movie news everyday.

28. DustingBread

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I want Darth Vader to be surrounded by fear and dead men.

29. Movie Nerd

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I'm honestly losing my interest in Marvel movies. So I really don't care what they do….Not that excited.

30. Paul D. Richardson

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

You can see they intentionally added water splash on the camera in the new Jungle Book, btw.  I guess the fact that I noticed it, means it took me out of the movie to a degree.  Never really minded it though.

31. Lucky Sabiti

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I have come to expect food talk on collider mail, and feel like if they didn't talk about it on an episode, then I would be dissapointed haha

32. Justin Simpson

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

If JJ Abrahams is the King of Lens Flare, then Michael Bay is the Prince of it.

33. Lords of the Long Box

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

House of M is not possible with Fox and the X-men, what they fail to realize that the Infinity Gauntlet has the ability to altear time space and reality. In the Infinity Gauntlet comic storyline, Thanos damn near kills everybody and only Adam Warlock can bring them back to life once he wields the gauntlet. So my guess is if they were to reboot the MCU, the Gauntlet is the device that can do it, not the House Of M story and not Scarlet Witch.

34. Xesthan

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

The spice in Dune also speeds about space travel.

35. Justin Vick

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

If they have a bunch of contracts expire at the same time, they should devote an entire film to the Marvel Zombies storyline before blowing up the universe. You wouldn't need the same actors to play zombies. John Campea crapped on my idea in his podcast, but I'm not gonna let it go.

36. Justin Vick

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Great episode. Could have used more cowbell and lens flare though.

37. KRYMauL

Why not just make Don Sedal Iron Man and kill Tony

38. Vee Herbo

steve carrel

39. dvoon missy mcmuffin (poisonlotus)

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

omigawd…please don't reboot mcu. if its anything like what spiderman had went through, the 1st amazing spiderman felt so repetitive. please just cast a new actor and move the character forward. if christopher nolan's batman can do it by recasting katie holmes, james bond does it every time…all movies should be able to do it too. we have to remember that characters are not there to serve the actors and therefore, actors are not the characters either. sorry…i went on a rant here >< i just want stories to move forward and not be rehashed/reboot.

40. ZombiesHowl

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

I hope donnie yen in a jedi secretly and he sacrifices himself to fend off vader as the rebels escape with the plans

41. Luke Haynes

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Puck, Elis? Was that a "Real World / Road Rules" reference?

42. Luke Haynes

April 21, 2017 10:14 am

Puck, Elis? Was that a "Real World / Road Rules" reference?