The Last Jedi 2nd Weekend Drop? Finn, Rose or Cyborg “Tokenism”?

The Last Jedi 2nd Weekend Drop predictions! Will the audience score take a toll? Are Finn, Rose or Cyborg tokenism aka forced diversity?

Beyond The Trailer host Grace Randolph gives you the latest movie news today! The Last Jedi 2nd Weekend Drop predictions! The same as The Force Awakens, or Justice League?! Plus are Finn, Rose or Cyborg forced diversity? Be sure to make Beyond The Trailer your first stop for movie and entertainment news here on YouTube today.

Star Wars Podcast

BTT Annual Poll

CHAPTER TIMES
Last Jedi Drop – 1:17
Tokenism – 3:30
Seeing a Movie Alone – 5:40
Does Mulan HAVE to be Chinese – 7:47

Interact with host & creator Grace Randolph!
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Google+:

1. K DC

December 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Cyborg makes a good addition to Justice League. With the Teen Titan cartoon popularity and comics; younger kids and comic fans are already familiar. He's made the leap recently in the movies for the mainstream audience. The character brings a touch of modernism to the JL team: technology, cyber hacking and boom tubes. There's some team interaction that the creators already played with: Cyborg with Batman's supercomputer and other tech toys. He compliments the team well, more than a token.

2. vigorlilover

December 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Emma Watson was born in France 🇫🇷 and apples and oranges that was a stupid question. Pretty ignorant tbh

3. swoopysalvo

December 23, 2017 3:18 am

Cyborg was one of the most important characters in the JL movie and Grace says he is a token. Finn was a major character in The Force Awakens and all of a sudden Grace considers him a token. ggs Grace.

4. trinityangel666

December 23, 2017 3:52 am

I think Rose was the most token character in The Last Jedi. She was just there to appease the Chinese market. Disney is all about the money so putting an asian character in the line up will appeal to China.

5. Christopher Miller

December 23, 2017 1:16 pm

I think the interest in the backlash is two fold. I think there are people who are genuinely interested in why there is backlash because they genuinely don't understand it. And then there are people who just want people to confirm their opinions. I would argue there are actually more of the former than the latter. I think Star Wars will do fine this weekend.

6. Archduke Kitten

December 23, 2017 5:04 pm

2nd Friday BO for Last Jedi is just $25m (est)
    Ouch! Force Awakens 2nd Fri was $50m

7. B-dawg8504

December 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Nevermind I found it!

8. B-dawg8504

December 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Emma Watson was good in B&TB?? Huh? Her singing was awful (well non existent! She talked to music)

9. Adrian Jackson

December 23, 2017 6:21 pm

I believe Finn should've realized after his near death experience with Kylo Ren that he isn't strong enough to protect Rey or a match for Kylo and should try to find Luke Skywalker to learn the ways of the force if possible as It would've been cool in Finn had flashbacks on what happened in his duel with Kylo Ren as that is all completely forgotten in TLJ. It would be good to see a rematch in the future but I doubt we'll see it.

10. Rob Johnson

December 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Take Rose out of The Last Jedi and it wouldn’t make any difference- tokenism

11. Adrian Jackson

December 23, 2017 8:16 pm

One more thing rey and finn's chemistry in tfa is what made that film work and he had a story a reason to find himself then eventually meeting someone who he cares about. Finn is the male protagnist of the tfa and j.j thought he was the right person for the role. The cyborg token is a load of rubbish as it seems like the majority of afro men characters are all token to you and rose isn't the female leading that terrible sjw story in tlj wow grace. anyhow mr plinkett review will be legendary cannot wait!! Oh yes the only reason Finn character is token in the tlj is because rian Johnson doesn't like him that is all ruined a developing a protagnist of this trilogy.

12. S.C Schaffner

December 23, 2017 10:44 pm

I love going to the movies by myself and stopped caring along time ago what anyone else thinks I can go when I want to see what I want and sit where I want without having to worry about anyone else its awesome!

13. Bill Goodwin

December 24, 2017 12:29 am

It dropped 77% Friday to Friday. I'm very interested to see how the rest of the weekend shakes out. Fuck Rian Johnson.

14. Derrick Harris

December 24, 2017 3:48 am

Lol 2017🤔

15. Abhishek Mahendru

December 24, 2017 6:46 am

Superman is an alien. It doesn't matter who plays it because superman doesn't belong to US alone, he belongs to the world. Though superman was created by americans. Lol Now if chinese actor played as batman or wonder woman, that would be outrageous. Hell, jungle book movie actors were voiced by British and americans! Let's have American Revolution be played by blacks, asians, or muslims. That would be a fair fight. It'll teach hollywood not to white wash characters and stay true to the stories or events.

16. Tr00peroid

December 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Except for when I was a kid going with parents, and except for a few years when I was a teenager, I've almost always gone to movies alone and for all the reasons you stated. I don't even think about it. It's not like going to other things alone like restaurants or theme parks (and if I want, I will go eat somewhere alone). It shows you have your own brain and don't just travel in a flock. I especially can't stand watching movies with people in a non-theater setting because they never shut up.

17. Ravi Tolani

December 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Bvs level drop. 69%. Star Wars is fucked now.

18. alex eton

December 25, 2017 8:26 am

77% drop!

19. chitownmo

December 26, 2017 12:13 am

Yes it is Tokenism. Cyborg was not an original member of the Justice League. He is a Teen Titan. Finn looks out of place and servea no great purpose to the story in the current trilogy. He and Ridley have no recognizable chemistry together on screen. Remember the backlash over the Avengers being an white boy club after the first movie came out?

20. helldrenn

December 26, 2017 5:03 am

77% drop according to Forbes.

21. Dean Juday

December 26, 2017 7:13 am

REALLY. I felt the opposite about your tokenism point. I thought Rose was a token character and Finn wasn't

22. g braxton

December 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Could you talk about the 77% second week drop off for The Last Jedi, that would be great! Thanks for you time….

23. iamlsusam

December 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Where are you Grace? We need and miss you!

24. 2damecuteUK

December 27, 2017 1:54 am

Rose is a token character there was no depth to her character everything was very forced, there was nothing defining about her character to the main story. Finn in FAS wasn't a token character but in the LJ he character was reduced to a secondary token character.

25. DudeX01

December 27, 2017 4:17 am

I see your point about Cyborg being TT character but by your definition he was not a Token character. He had a major role in the plot and was amazing.   Finn in this movie was token especially since the action that would have made him significant was taken away from him. You are right see the movie alone. I like going alone or with friends.

26. eatingmywheaties

December 28, 2017 8:30 am

TLJ was bad but have star wars fans ever cared about a movie being bad? (think Jar Jar) This is still gonna make a ton of money.

27. BLAQ JOKER