Taron Egerton is Han Solo? Indiana Jones 5 with Chris Pratt & Steven Spielberg? – Beyond The Trailer

Taron Egerton to play young Han Solo? Steven Spielberg wants to direct Indiana Jones 5 with Chris Pratt!

Beyond The Trailer host Grace Randolph gives you the latest movie news today! Will Taron Egerton star as a young Han Solo for an origin story?! Plus Steven Spielberg wants to direct Chris Pratt in Indiana Jones 5! Can Disney successfully replace Harrison Ford?! Do you think Taron Egerton would make a good Han Solo? And if Chris Pratt is the new Indiana Jones, should Steven Spielberg return to direct him in Indiana Jones 5? Be sure to make Beyond The Trailer your first stop for movie and entertainment news here on YouTube today!

CHAPTER TIMES
Taron Egerton is Han Solo? – 00:00
Spielberg for Indiana Jones 5? – 7:04
Franco’s In Dubious Battle – 10:20
Viewer Question – 17:14

Interact with host & creator Grace Randolph!
Facebook:
Twitter:
Google+:

1. Soepieman99

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

What a BS lady! Harrison Ford was one of the "better" aspects of Indy IV, yes he's older but he was great in it and it added a new dimension to the series: an older Indy.
    "Clearly cannot continue"?! He even did a large portion of his stunts in Indy IV. Your perception of Ford is definitely not that of the fans lady.

2. Steven Escareno

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

As I said before, it didn't hurt Harrison Ford's career to star as two iconic characters in indiana jones and han solo, nor did it hurt Stallone when he played two iconic characters in his heyday in rocky and rambo.  Therefore, I fail to see what you're talking about grace when you say that it's a mistake for Pratt to want to be star lord and indiana jones.  The only people that have a problem with this might be people that can't distinguish reality from fiction, but actors are meant to play different people.  It's a fact.  No actor wants to play the same damn character throughout their career.

3. Alex Meyer

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't like Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones either. Jon Hamm I think would be good for the role. He's about the same age Harrison Ford was when he played the role in the 80s, plus it'd be a nice 180 from Mad Men.

4. I Am The Bucket

Awesome stuff, thanks. 🙂

5. Daniel Matheson

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Anthony Ingruber is the best choice for Han.

6. hexponi

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Didn't George Lucas insist that Greedo shot first and Han shot first is what the fans say…

7. lukaszepesi

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

A movie with a young Han Solo and Bobba Fett sounds awesome. I would definitely watch that.

8. Eskywell Main

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Dear Grace, keep going with the great videos. I've now been watching BTT for 4 years and in my eyes it's still going strong:):)

Question:

With the new and upcoming spiderman being introduced to the MCU do you think they will use either Gwen Stacey or Mary-Jane? or neither. I wanted Emma Stone back for the new movies and even my sister (a non-comic book film watcher) loved the character and went to the the amazing spider man movies just for her.

Thanks for the Videos
    Hope you can answer

Jack:)

9. Reem Dashti

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm a little confused about Star Wars VII, is it going to be a reboot, where they recast the main characters from the original trilogy (ex. Taron Egerton is the new Han Solo)? Or is this the sequel to the original trilogy (where Taron Egerton would be Han Solo's son)?

Also, Love the show Grace! Huge fan! +Movie Math

10. Tebigong101

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I would love to see Phoenix properly explored in these movie but unlike in the cartoons in the comics, which have weeks, months and years to explore and manage to spotlight everyone eventually these movies can't do that or don't do that well, at all. One characters is the focus and those closest to the character get some attention while everyone else is just there to deliver some vaguely useful dialogue. If in exploring Jean/ Phoenix we got to know Storm and Cyclops better I'd be for it but I feel like Singer molds the movie around the popular actors and they'd push Cyclops and Storm to the wayside and find some convoluted way to make this about Wolverine, Mystique, Magneto and Xavier's relationship with Jean.

11. MrBloodplus

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey Grace, I have a question I'd love to hear your opinion on. When the MCU eventually introduces an LGBT character to audiences, who do you think it should be, and do you think they have any chance of being accepted by fans? I think Hulkling and Wiccan are too fully fleshed characters with cinematic powers that lend themselves greatly to the silver screen, and could be introduced if the Secret Invasion story is ever adapted due to Hulkling's Skrull roots, and Wiccan's connection to Scarlet Witch. I'm just not confident the mainstream will ever fully back an LGBT super, but if any company can take the risk, it's Marvel!

12. Review Lord

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I saw James Franco in Of Mice and Men and I loved it so much, was such a great show to watch and I watched it in the cinema as a movie, didn't have to go to Broadway to watch it!!!!

13. Disthron

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Ok, maybe this is cliche at this point, but I suspect the root of the problems with Crystal Skull was Gorge Lucas. You here in interviews that he would make suggestions that no one liked but he kept at them until they gave in.

I think Chris Pratt might do ok as Indiana Jones. When the first Mummy movie came out with Brendan Fraser, it made me think that you could recapture the same adventure of Indiana Jones with a different actor.

Also, it always irks me when people say that new iterations of things ruin older ones. The original indie films are awesome and nothing will change that. If anything seeing that crap makes that good ones seem all the better.

Maybe you should take some time off to recover. You don't want to do permanent damage to your voice. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon.

14. John Smith

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Taron Egerton is a good actor but he is a British actor and he will have to drop the accent in order to do the role. That is not as easy as it sounds. As for Chris Pratt, his Star Lord character is a more serious version of Lone Star. That wouldn't work. Get Brad Pitt instead.

15. The Banana Tree

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Young Han Solo (eye rolling intensifies)  Sam Mendes or Doug Liman for Indiana Jones.

16. MistahTrollFace

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Excuse me grace i've asked this before but i was wondering if you could do like a q&a or like film a vlog about your life? I'm curious about what your personal life is like and i bet everyone on this channel thinks the same also! Please reply if you have time! Thanks!

17. Madame Flurrie

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

GRACE!!!!! I have a request for morning movie news! I was wondering if you could talk about the Power Rangers bootleg that was uploaded today and what impact it could have on the planned Power rangers movie set for 2016.:)

18. Nicholas O

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Have you tried drinking citrus honey tea for your throat?  유자차/Yujacha in your local Korean market.

19. Xander Dumas

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I saw Kingsmen and OMG it was amazingly fun. I hope there will be a sequel. In regards to Taron Edgerton playing Hans Solo…I can't see it. In fact I think he would be a better Shazam…He has the built to pull it off. I would rather see someone else portray Hans solo. I also do not see Chriss Pratt as Jones. This is really a difficult situation where the castings are not really popular.

Selena Gomez needs to go back to Disney. She has a development problem. Even Selma Hayek who is tiny looks age appropriate. Selena Gomez needs to find teen roles and remain in that genre.

20. Shaun Stevenson

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I think that part of the downfall of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was George Lucas. He was the one who insisted on aliens or later "interdimensional beings" that really led to the craziness that became that entry in the Indiana Jones franchise. Lucas has been proving over the past few years that he just doesn't have the mojo anymore. If Spielberg did come on to direct, I would be okay with that as long as a strong writer was put on the project as well.

21. Mohammad Nohman

GET WELL SOON GRACE

22. Tim Nagle

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

QUESTION: So, if Spielberg isn't your top choice for Indy 5, who would you see doing a good job. Brad Bird? Chris Nolan? Matthew Vaughn? These are a few I could imagine taking up the helm.

23. Kevin Romero

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Omg why do you mispronounce so many names! It is universally known by all people who know andything about star wars that Boba Fett is not Bob-a Fett. You also screwed up so many names in your ATLA reviews. Sokka? Really???? How do you mispronounce Sokka if you watched the entire damn series!!!!!

24. MJosephB

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Say what you will about "Crystal Skull" but Spielberg can still do action scenes. He and (yes) George Lucas are some of the few directors still around who can do action scenes without resorting to fancy camera work and especially shaky-cam tricks. Indiana Jones isn't a well-trained fighter like Jason Bourne or Captain America, he is a scrapper and Spielberg's direction served Indy very well, no need to fix what isn't broken. I also disagree about Martin Campbell, his directions style is very similar to Spielberg, the action scenes in GoldenEye and Casino Royale, not to mention Zorro, are great. He would definitely be my second choice if Spielberg doesn't do the new Indy.

25. YANKEE440

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi Grace! I'm a longtime viewer and would love for you to answer my question. Last Saturday I really wanted to go to the movies to watch either Kingsman or McFarland USA. My friends were all busy so I asked my parents and while they showed interest in McFarland ( we are Hispanic immigrants and love movies that portray the life and struggles of the modern day immigrant) they ultimately decided that since they did not understand any English it would be a waste of time to watch the film. I went alone and watched Kingsman (it was awesome), but the encounter with my parents really got me thinking. Why does Hollywood not dub films here in the US for Hispanic moviegoers. I did some research and found that there is an app that translates films for you called myLingo but it only has 2 films. Films like Instructions not Included has proved the Hispanic audience can be huge and most films are dubbed and subtitled anyways for their Dvd release. It seems like Hollywood is loving money on the table by not release Spanish dubbed films. Wha do you think Grace? Best wishes and hope you get better(:
    -Ruben

26. Connor Quinn

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

I agree Spielberg shouldn't be back on the next Indy film. If they're going to recast, they NEED to just wipe the slate clean. Get a fresh, new take on it. Pratt shouldn't even try to imitate Harrison Ford's performance, like James Bond, just do his own interpretation of the character and put his own stamp on it. That's the only way this will work.

27. JORGE LIMAS

sexy voice!

28. Gaby Enciso

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey Grace! So, I'm a singer, and I know how annoying it is to be trying to speak (for me sing) with an awful cold/soar throat, etc. So, if you are clearing your throat a lot, that can actually damage your vocal cords in the long run. The best way to clear the throat is by drinking water (warm if you prefer). And you might not want to be drinking water on screen, but if there was a way to edit those parts out, that would totally work better. Anyway, love what you do, and I'm only writing this because I'm concerned for your health (specially your voice!), so hope you get better soon!

29. AvatarIII

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi +Grace Randolph funny thing, I actually watched Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit before watching this video, and was thinking, even when watching it the movie, that Chris Pine could make a good Indiana Jones, I think he has the rugged look, dry wit, and ability to act angry that Harrison Ford always had, unlike Chris Pratt, who is boyish in all those traits. Also Pratt is busy with GOTG, as far as franchises go, and Pine probably only has one more Star Trek movie since the Jack Ryan reboot floundered so hasn't got much else going on. What do you think?

30. georginaq

May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Oh poor Grace you still sound congested, I hope you feel better soon, despite that the weather is just getting worse in NYC… Hey Grace have you heard that Hans Zimmer might create a theme song for Aquaman and WonderWoman? What do you think about this?