New Gambit Movie Details Revealed

Learn More from T-Mobile –
Thank you to T-Mobile for sponsoring this episode.

New Gambit Movie Details Revealed

A new Gambit movie is set to arrive in theaters next year and today brings hints at what we can expect from the newest X-Men. Today’s episode of Clevver Newsfeed is brought to you by T-Mobile. Channing Tatum is set to bring our favorite Ragin’ Cajun to the big screen next year and we’ve got new info on what’s in store. With Hugh Jackman promising the 2017 Wolverine movie will be his last, Fox is looking to create a new leading mutant for their X-Men franchise and with three movies set to arrive in theaters next year, Channing Tatum’s “Gambit” is a likely candidate. According to the Louisiana Entertainment Development, production is set to begin on October 13th in New Orleans and Fox isn’t messing around with the budget expected to be around $155 million for the project. This would make it Fox’s most expensive movie focusing on just a single character outpacing the first Wolverine movie by around $5 million and 2013’s The Wolverine by around $35 million. Though we don’t know the budget of next year’s Deadpool movie, star Ryan Reynolds has stated that it will be significantly less than many other superhero movies, suggesting it’s likely closer to around $100 million. In addition to the film’s start date and estimated budget, Showbiz 411 claims to have gotten their hands on the film’s casting call which includes the names and descriptions of several characters. The film is reportedly going under the code name “Chess”, which makes sense considering “Gambit” is the name of a chess move. Many of the characters in the film are being described as “criminals”, suggesting that the film will be an origin story that will likely focus on Gambit’s time in the Thieves Guild and potentially their rivalry with the Assassin’s Guild. CinemaBlend has speculated that the character named “Louis” on the casting call who is described as a male in his 40’s to 50’s who is elegant and intelligent and an appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected dark side is in fact the film’s main antagonist, Mr. Sinister. Sinister has long been a character that fans have wanted to see on the big screen and has been rumored to possibly make an appearance in next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse. Gambit and Sinister have had a long history together in the comics with Gambit having at one point worked for Sinister. Other characters rumored to be included in the film are Gambit’s childhood friend and potential love interest, Bella Donna Boudreaux, her brother Julien and Gambit’s adoptive father, Jean-Luc LeBeau. So far, Channing Tatum is the only star currently attached to the film, but with production set to begin in the coming months, that should be changing soon. Gambit is currently set to arrive in theaters on October 7th, 2016 and is being directed by Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ Rupert Wyatt. So what do you think of the Gambit movie so far and if Mr. Sinister does appear, which actor would you like see take on the role? Share your thoughts in the comments or tweet us @ClevverMovies and then click here to find out what 7 things we think need to happen in the Gambit movie. I’m Erin Robinson, thanks for watching and we’ll see you soon with more movie news right here on Clevver Newsfeed!

For More Clevver Visit:
Like us on Facebook:
Keep up with us on Instagram:
Website:
Add us to your circles on Google+:

Tweet Erin:

1. Chris Is cool

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

I want night crawler or mystique to have a movie !!!

2. darren chung

why cant David Franco take the role

3. Derek PB

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Why?! WHY?!! is Channing playing Gambit and not Taylor?! What an outrage!

4. cjedman

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

The picture that they keep showing I keep thinking that's michael Jackson

5. Charles Sevigny

I want Bill Gates to play Mr.Sinister

6. The Rose in the garden

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Gambit movie might be cool But ..
    I want a Cyclops movie one that shows his knowlege in Martial Arts and shows his no nonsense adittude maybe have Mr Sinister as the Villian setting up Mr Sinister and Apocalypse teammup ..

7. Mario Capistran

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

his face is alright for gambit, but hes just a little too jacked in my opinion

8. charlotte higgins

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Rogue should be in the new movie because rogue and gambit have a thing in the show

9. Matty Matt

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

I Kant think of his name but the guy who play hellboy would be a good fit for sinister

10. Edwin Masters

sha

11. Ricky Ward

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

fuck man. Channing Tatum as Gambit. Some shit you just gotta except cause it's going to happen.

12. Melvin Carter

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

This wont make much money at all he is less known than ant man

13. Wesley Wright

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

I absolutely can't wait for this movie, I've loved Gambit, first watching him in the xmen cartoons as a kid and since them followed him. I'm quite optimistic about tatum, I think he could do a good job, Kitsch was alright but didn't capture gambits character in its entirety, a bit to vanilla.

Heres hoping it will be good, still can't believe he's got a solo movie ^_^

14. Brogan Kelley

I want to see Arnold Schwarzenegger play mister sinister

15. Anna Sahlstrom

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Why can't I be in that movie!?  I'm an actual professional actress.

16. TheAlpha1550

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Lord, please have Taylor Kitsch play Gambit, and not Tatum.

17. Arvind Bablee

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Tatum should more likely play sinister than LeBeau, looking at his facial structure, he got more in common with sinister than gambit

18. deedee gama

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

The only thing I truly hope is that the film is true to the comic books and not some crappy adaptation of it like most of the superhero movies nowadays. Stick to what the comic book geniuses did. Everyone loved those stories and made them money so why not stay with it? I hope we won't be disappointed.

19. Cross Wise

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

this host is really cute

20. Andy Hart

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

They should've got Taylor Kitsch back to play Gambit again.

21. The Law

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

Sinister in a fucking Gambit movie? Pass. Waste of a great villain. And isn't he tied to the Summers family and Jean? Why Gumbo?

22. dantespimp

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

I would've preferred Kitsch as Gambit. ;-; At the very least, if there was any hope of a Rogue/Gambit scene in the horizon, it would make their scene less awkward. Somehow, I can't imagine Tatum pulling the moves on Paquin without looking like a pedo. ;-; At least with Kitsch, the love quadruple between Rogue, Gambit, Shadowcat, and Iceman in the film would've looked age-appropriate. Meh, Kitsch will always be my Gambit. :3 As a fan of the character for over 20 years, I thought he did a good job with what he had to work with.

23. CosmicUndeadElf

May 13, 2017 2:55 am

I actually don't mind the fact that Deadpool is owned by Fox, because I don't think he really fits in with the MCU cause of all the 4th wall breaking. I still like the character and want to see this movie though, just saying that I think he should exist in a separate universe, unlike characters from Fantastic Four which the Marvel movies should have, especially Dr Doom