Mel Gibson Directing Suicide Squad 2, Ben Leaving Batman Role, and More!

1. Alamo Jenkins

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Damn Affleck leaving Batman that is a bad scenario. I hope he really stay please let it stay a rumor.

2. Dizzy Dee

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

I don't understand why he was batman in the first place.

3. Pablo Molina

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Also remember that RDJ said he will make a ironman 4 only if Mel Gibson is the director, cause for RDJ share same bad status as Gibson before Ironman 2008 and Gibson and RDJ are good friends, Gibson defend RDJ when he was in that time, so if SS2 is good, maybe Disney will let Mel Gibson make with RDJ Ironman 4, we dont count if MCU want another ironman movie, if Gibson wants it also and many more things to happen.

4. Vincent Nguyen

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

I hope Jared Leto stays around as Joker. I at least want to see Batfleck and Leto's Joker interact once.

5. Antoine Allen Multimedia

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

I dont think these 2 guys know what kind of a prankster Mel Gibson is on a set. Was said to have sent freeze-dried Norwegian rats to Julia Roberts on the set of Conspiracy Theory, and constantly pranking people on the set of the different Lethal Weapon movies, plastic wrapped toilets and more odd gifts. I dont think Jared Leto would be a problem…more of a joke challenge.
    Do your Homework guys.

6. jojo218

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

he makes great movies whop cares what he says

7. Cleto La

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Aflacs a great batman.. dont leave..!

8. Cleto La

noo!

9. Kakhi Gagnidze

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Affleck said he's still EXTREMELY committed to this project. So, I don't believe this rumour to be true.

10. blackmanwithcomputer

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

If Mel Gibson takes this on, and it's great, then this will become Will Smith's franchise.

11. blackmanwithcomputer

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

People keep talking like Harley and the Joker are gonna be in this sequel, when it wouldn’t make much sense, story-wise. I can see Mel going with a Maxwell Lord, or David Cain, as the main antagonist of the movie. Have Boomerang be the comedy relief, but only him, as I don't see Harley fitting with Mel's tone.

12. yanal0611

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Mel Gibson for director would be such an amazing idea in my opinion. I thought a really cool idea would be if, in that movie, we have our first introduction to the character of Nightwing. Maybe a loose adaptation of Assault on Arkham. Where the squad has a mission and Nightwing (replacing batman from AOA) has the same mission. I think that would be a very interesting thing. Personally my number one choice for Nightwing is Andrew Garfield, although unlikely, I think he would be a perfect fit for Dick Grayson.

13. Noah G

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Man, as a fan of the DCEU all this talk of Ben leaving the role is so depressing. Real or not, the rumors are just… well, if my spirit hadn't been broken already from all the crap I've had to go through as a DCEU fan, this would have crushed me.

I just want to enjoy the stories Zack Snyder wants to tell, but everybody hates him, just, viciously hates him and all his work. I feel like I'm watching people burn the Superman effigy on TV.

14. TK Crossdive

May 20, 2017 2:31 am

If Mel would try to recast Jared Leto I sincerely hope he doesn't direct. Leto was freaking AMAZING, he stole every scene he was in. If he leaves the role of Joker I may have to stop watching for a while. It was horrible enough losing Andrew Garfield as Spidey, I don't want to go through that sort of sh!t again.

As for Ben as Batman, do you think maybe they could keep him around by diminishing Batsy's presence a bit? Right now he's serving as the glue of the DCEU, so he's appearing in not just teamups and solo movies, but in cameos for other movies. But maybe they could use some other characters for the glue, too, thereby freeing up Affleck's schedule a bit more? That way Affleck would have more time for his passion projects in between Batman appearances?