7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Trainspotting

Do you still love chocolate? We’ve sorta lost our sweet tooth after this episode. Got any other fun facts about Trainspotting? Let us know in the comments below!

Want to know what’s going on with CineFix in the future?
Follow us Twitter for updates:

Oh and we’re on The Facebook:

Movies are a very complicated mess of time, money, people, and strange decisions. Inevitably, in the hodgepodge of life that goes into creating a movie, a few strange and interesting things happen here and there that are rather fascinating little tidbits of information. Tune in to CineFix for lists of things we find out that you (probably) didn’t know!

Want more movie trivia? Check out other episodes of Things you (Probably) Didn’t Know!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Edward Scissorhands!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Jaws!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About The Rock!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Independence Day!

7 MORE Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Top Gun!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Happy Gilmore!

9 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Half Baked!

7 MORE Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Batman AND Superman!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Batman AND Superman!

7 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Fargo!

9 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Silence of the Lambs!

1. Andrew Vertigan

May 27, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm currently watching… where is the reference? director, producer, writer? Any of them say "yeah our toilet scene was less to do with the depravity of heroin addiction and more to do with giving homage to a horror movie…. wtf

2. Aaron Stark

June 2, 2017 3:01 am

IOU:

Amount, $200.

3. Chico

June 2, 2017 3:46 am

poor Tommy I wish I could of seen him in the sequel

4. EarlOfMaladyCrescent

June 2, 2017 11:47 pm

I knew Ewen Bremner played Renton in the stage version of "Trainspotting". He didn't want to step down and play Spud, but he realised it was right for the film. Danny Boyle respected him a lot for that.

5. Tessa

June 3, 2017 6:34 pm

I actually remember making a friend of mine watch this when I was younger. They kept complaining they couldn't understand what was being said in the movie. I read the book (fuckin' love Irvine Welsh) a couple times before watching the movie and didn't have too hard of a time with it. I also have a couple Scot friends these days, so I don't have any problem now haha. I love the way my Scottish friends talk. I've always been one for cussing like a fuckin' mad man, and I feel at home with them.

6. Elvis666

June 4, 2017 9:21 am

peeppeeppeeep, bye

7. WeirdWorld

June 6, 2017 4:42 am

lol stan lee appearances cliche

8. avaneeth nambiar

June 7, 2017 5:26 am

The thing that I hate about trainspotting was how dry the visuals look.T2 knew that and made the movie lot more colourful.

9. N.Y. Boi

June 9, 2017 10:09 pm

trainspotting is just better if your British. it's amazing if your Scottish

10. Sam Smith

June 10, 2017 12:29 pm

5 of the lamest "things you didn't know"

11. Louie 1329

June 11, 2017 5:25 pm

I have a Spud and a Begby in my squad 😉

12. DESCARADOS

June 14, 2017 8:21 pm

what is trainspotting? and why is it significant?

13. DESCARADOS

June 14, 2017 8:22 pm

amazing narrator. no lies. upfront. comical. hilarious. "goons are on the way"! lmao! thumbs up!

14. Shaun Gibson

June 16, 2017 3:15 am

Well that was 'Interesting'. I am from Edinburgh, 43 years old, when T1 came out, I was LIVING THE PARTS. Seriously, I was a low-life, so Trainspotting is like an OLD FRIEND to me, a source of comfort when LIFE hits you in the balls. You were pretty good talling the '7 Things you didn't know'…But you were off a wee bit too mate. But 10/10, it did make me want to reply, so well done mate! Really, I mean that.
    T2, was better than T1, but we now see them as 1 big movie.
    T1 makes us revisit our old youth. When T2 came out I was 21 years old, and I had 2 kids. Both are now AMAZING LADS, and I am a Grandfather age 43 (FANTASTIC IT IS). My Kids works and they COOSE LIFE! Good for them. I however continued to NOT CHOOSE LIFE, I CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE, but it wasn't Heroin, it was however have the ability to ALWAYS LAUGH AT LIFE, whilst making sure the bank account was happy, we had a big fucking TV, and matching lugague etc. What passes as 'HAPPY'.
    T2, when Renton did his #ChooseLifePart2 MADE PEOPLE FROM EDINBURGH BOTH SMILE, AND CRY. But at the end he says "WELL IT AMUSED US AT THE TIME" and then he laughed, so did we!….LOL, IT DID AMUSE US AT THE TIME, WE LONGED FOR T2. It was a part of Edinburgh Culture. We knew where it was filmed, MANY of us knew the characters in the movie, I once knew Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle!!
    To sum up, Trainspotting is the WORST parts of Edinburgh, but it is NOT Edinburgh! It NEVER WAS, well certainly not the Edinburgh I live in today, I told you! I choose something else. I have nice neighbours, never in trouble as a 43 year old! Yes I learnt how to 'HOLD MY SHIT TOGETHER'. What I mean is, I learnt to smile at hate, and take no shit from people. But to take no shit from people, Lesson 1 is 'DON'T HAVE SHIT PEOPLE AROUND YOU, EVER!'…IT IS THAT EASY, when you Choose Life… .lol

Really enjoyed this 8 min experience so I did…
    Alba Gu Brath!

15. Lemmondo

June 17, 2017 1:49 pm

You're allowed to say "Oh, haha! I don't understand what they're saying!" (Like what you did)
    But when people go out and COMPLAIN about it, then that really pisses me off. It's a Scottish film set in Scotland made mostly for Scottish people.

16. Unco Casey

June 17, 2017 11:37 pm

No it was only the Americans that got easier biggie speech because you Americans are the only ones who cant understand him.

17. rybolfc

June 18, 2017 12:18 pm

"No cunt leaves here til we find out what cunt voted tory"

18. Declan McArdle

June 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Dear yank, stop fucking bleeping fucking words. And there's no o in Edinburgh.

19. Natalie

June 19, 2017 3:22 am

Can't believe they can't understand what they're saying cause they're speaking a lot slower than most people here haha

20. santiago carreño

June 21, 2017 10:38 pm

About N 4, Im pretty sure it was a call for the looks. Trainspotting (the original not that shit T2) was about heroin decadence sure, but in a cool way. From a director-producer standpoint of view your protagonist has to be a good looking guy. Ewan Mcgregor was, Ewen wasn't-

21. Kali Southpaw

June 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Aye, I'll give you cunts a Glasgow grin, you shites!

22. duvan mendoza

June 22, 2017 4:18 pm

kelly macdonald was fucking hot

23. Hollow Zebra

June 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Aha I walk past where the volcano used to be everyday